[K12OSN] mrepo

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Wed Oct 1 15:15:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a machine in my office and it has mrepo set up to keep a local
mirror of CentOS-4, CentOS-5 and  K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit. The problem
is that K12LTSP is not getting updated. the config file contains the
following:

	[K12LTSP-5EL-x86_64]
	name = K12LTSP $release ($arch)
	release = 5EL
	arch = x86_64
	metadata = repomd repoview yum

	### ISO images
	iso =k12ltsp-$release-$arch-?of?.iso
	#os = http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit/5.2

	### Additional repositories
	updates = ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit/updates

I've checked the wiki and mail archive and have found the following
link http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/DownLoad

If I select the "Version 5-EL, 64-bit, CD" link my browser tries to
connect to ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit/
iso, but never connects.

I should also mention I inherited this machine and its configuration.
I know I would prefer to use rsync over ftp.

Does anyone else use mrepo and if so be prepared to shed some light on
optimal config file setup.

Thanks in advance.

Lewis