[K12OSN] How to get sound on GX260/270

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 2 22:46:21 UTC 2008

We received some donations of IBMs from a similar source. The video did
not auto detect so I followed the instructions here:

http://math.univ-lille1.fr/~hafidi/terminal-services/tips_and_tricks.html

After I made the appropriate entries in the vidlist, the sound was
autodetected. I would suggest following the instructions to see if it
works for you. I have been intending to go back and to do the same with
other chipsets that are not autodetected, to see if it eliminates a need
to make separate entries in the lts.conf file like this:

#96 -- GX60, Science -- no floppy or cdrom drives
[00:0b:db:71:ac:55]
        XSERVER=i810
        SMODULE_01=i810_audio

If you open a shell on the terminal and use the command lspci it will
tell you what chipset is on the motherboard. (In the instructions above.)

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech