[K12OSN] FTP install steps?

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Oct 6 15:41:55 UTC 2008

The URL for an FTP install is the path to the top package tree, i.e.:

FTP site name: k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us
CentOS directory: /pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/i386

Oh and you can use the boot.iso (7 MB) for a network install found here:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/i386/images/boot.iso

If you use the boot.iso, it will fail much sooner with an incorrect
URL. It needs to retrieve the stage2.img from the network instead
reading it off disc one.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services