[K12OSN] OT: cost of operating one pc per year

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Oct 13 14:46:44 UTC 2008

Doug,

Thanks for the info / numbers,, WOW 100K!!! that's nothing to sneeze at
regardless of school district size. BTW: Did you do any crunching as far
as oldie monitor's versus lcd's by chance? We have ( most ) of the boxes
set to up at 8 am, shut off at 4 pm. I know of a couple districts close
to here that leave pc's on 24/7 during the school year, I think i'll
make a deal with their supers to drive there and shut pc.s off each
night  if i get 50 % of the savings:)hhmmm...50k x 2 = ???...wwhoohooo!
Thanks again----

Barry Cisna