[K12OSN] Sugar on K12osn

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 16 15:05:33 UTC 2008

Thanks,
I will see about getting the packages included in EPEL.
Because we are a pretty young project,  our development rate is pretty high.  I will see about stablizing a release enough to work with EPEL.
thanks
david

On  10/16/2008, 09:56, Nils Breunese (nils at breun.nl) wrote:David Farning wrote:  > Which repository should we target? I was reading a thread about 'CentOS > exactly tracks RHEL.  Therefore, we may see it in RHEL 6, thus CentOS 6, > and thus K12Linux 6EL.' with regard to OO3 yesterday.  Does this apply? > Or is there a more appropriate repository?  Yes, this is how CentOS works. CentOS is just a rebuild of RHEL source packages with the branding removed.  I hear there are Fedora packages for Sugar now. A nice way to make Sugar available to CentOS/RHEL, and thus K12LTSP EL, would be to make those packages available in the EPEL repository which provides Fedora packages to RHEL/CentOS 4 and 5: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL  Nils Breunese.