[K12OSN] NOT critical - eth0 & eth1

John Montoya jomontoya at kern.org
Fri Oct 24 14:52:44 UTC 2008

Wow --

CABLES ! ! ! - "switch cables" ? WHAT !!!
(spoken from the guy in the last row of the room, with the dunce hat on...)

(now speaking with a brown paper bag over my head)....
ummmmmmm - reconfigure everything, AND THEN switch the cables... ahhhhhhh

You know... I was a medic for 10 years (ya scary huh)... and the docs would
always tell us, after a call (on something we missed...)

When you hear hoof-beats... look for horses...
NOT ZEBRAS !!!

Sorry about wasting everyone's time on this one.....
But I promise you I won't do this one again !!!

<smile>

thanks all,

john-

>>> Barry R Cisna <brcisna at eazylivin.net> 10/23/2008 6:42 PM >>>
John,

In regards to reversing your eth0 and eth1 then getting the tftp errors
after this. Did you;
 1. By chance restart ( or put the two wires into different ports on
each switch / (or dsl modem)) away from what they were in previously?
I have seen arp tables cached into the switch(s) do this.Don't sound
logical I know.
2. After doing your config changes did you try to make sure that
iptables was stopped( after rebooting ) your server?
Make sure if you retry this again you do on the server an:
tail -f /var/log/messages
,,,while the clients are trying to boot.
You can try reversing again and try these two and see if you get booting
clients.

Barry Cisna

This message was scanned by KCSOS and is believed to be clean.
http://smtp.kern.org/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=98B8712DAC.B16C6
Click here to report this message as GOOD email.
http://smtp.kern.org/cgi-bin/learn-good.cgi?id=98B8712DAC.B16C6

--
This message was scanned by KCSOS and is believed to be clean.