[K12OSN] Help with php-ldap

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu Oct 30 13:47:49 UTC 2008

Brian Chivers wrote:

> OK altered the first script at per comments and this is ones of the
> result is below, it looks like it is retrieving the gidnumber etc
> but not sure how to alter script so it only shows cn, uidnumber &
> gidnumber. (bits I need for the rest of my magical script)
>
> I've had a bit of a think about how I'm going to do this, I'm think
> about putting the page that staff access behind a .htaccess that is
> setup so only staff get through as I have this working already but I
> still need to retrieve the uidnumber etc from ldap so I can enter it
> into a database so the line below won't be needed :-)

Ik have no real world experiece with authenticating against LDAP, but
I have the feeling that this can all be done a whole lot easier and
without any PHP scripting. Did you have a look at Apache's
mod_auth_ldap [0]? You can use LDAP groups to specify who should be
able to authenticate.

Nils Breunese.

[0] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html