[K12OSN] Openoffice 2.3 hangs for single user

Nick Fenger nick at trilliumcharterschool.org
Thu Oct 30 22:22:31 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a user's account after her terminal locked up
while working on a spreadsheet, she now cannot start any openoffice
applications. Even when attempting to start ooffice or oowriter from the
terminal I get no error messages. Deleting her .openoffice.org2.0 directory
does nothing. The .openoffice.org2.0 does come back however. My guess is
that it is trying to recover the spreadsheet and is failing there. Does
anyone know how to prevent this recovery? Or what else might be happening
here?

I just completed an upgrade to K12LTSP5EL and have the latest updates OOO
2.3 I believe.

Thanks,

Nick Fenger