Re: [K12OSN] How to get sound on GX260/270

We received some donations of IBMs from a similar source. The video did not auto detect so I followed the instructions here:

http://math.univ-lille1.fr/~hafidi/terminal-services/tips_and_tricks.html

After I made the appropriate entries in the vidlist, the sound was autodetected. I would suggest following the instructions to see if it works for you. I have been intending to go back and to do the same with other chipsets that are not autodetected, to see if it eliminates a need to make separate entries in the lts.conf file like this:

#96 -- GX60, Science -- no floppy or cdrom drives
[00:0b:db:71:ac:55]
       XSERVER=i810
       SMODULE_01=i810_audio

If you open a shell on the terminal and use the command lspci it will tell you what chipset is on the motherboard. (In the instructions above.)

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech

Tom Wolfe wrote:
The day has finally come where we are getting free P4's from Computers for Schools. We just received 100 GX260/270/280 computers for nothing and they seem to make good thin clients... and I imagine they'll make good fat clients if I ever get around to figuring that out.

Meanwhile I'm having trouble getting the sound to work on these things. I get a "Sound module not loaded: please specify correct sound module" error as they're booting up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Regards,
Tom Wolfe

---
     Tom Wolfe, Technology Coordinator     twolfe sawback com
     Stoney Educational Authority    tel: (403) 881-2650
     Box 238, Morley AB, T0L 1N0    fax: (403) 881-2793
Morley Community School | Chief Jacob Bearspaw School | Ta-otha School