Re: [K12OSN] How to upgrade Firefox?

+1 on that.  You're asking to get cracked if you stay on FC6.

If you're wondering if CentOS 5 (K12LTSP 5EL's base) will "look different" from FC6, the answer is, "no, not really."  It's nearly identical in appearance.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU?

Rob Owens wrote:
For the sake of running a distro that provides security updates, I think
you should upgrade to K12LTSP 5 EL.  You'll get security updates for the
next 5 years or so, and you'll get Firefox 3 (as well as OpenOffice 2.3
and a bunch of other updated packages).

-Rob

Joseph Bishay wrote:

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

 I am running ltsp on fedora core 6 (k12LTSP) but the browse is
version 1something. I need to upgrade to 2 as some sites no longer
work. I followed the instructions here:
http://note19.com/2007/05/19/how-to-update-to-firefox-2-on-fedora-6/
and yum was successful but now when I start firefox nothing at all
happens. Literally nothing. Neither command like or icon work. It just
accepts the command or double-click and just returns me to the screen
or command prompt.

what should I do?

 Thank you.
 Joseph