[K12OSN] squidGuard not working

Moon moon at smbis.com
Sat Oct 4 07:00:51 UTC 2008

OK, I seem to have muddled my way through getting squidGuard and the
blacklists installed. All the directories seem to be installed now as well.

The default install of squidGuard on K12LTSP EL5 is not working correctly
and requires significant work to get it as far as I have, especially with
the squidguard.conf file and the blacklist directories and files, which
would lock up due to no content in several of the directories listed in the
default squidguard.conf file.

However, my setup still has one more issue, which seems to be in the
verification that squidGuard is actually working.

Also, I would still like to get someone's input on their working
configuration. I would like to see their squidguard.conf file and how they
setup a thin client browser to use the proxy.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie