[K12OSN] wifi wireless k12ltsp support status

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Oct 4 14:49:18 UTC 2008

Does anyone have any thoughts here on,,,if,, the MIMO / "N" Ap's would
be any benefit in regards to making wireless with thin's a doable
option? The school purchased 10 N/ MIMO AP's (for spares)that are just
sitting in boxes. The way I see it if even two of these Ap's were put
into existing wall mounted switches per lab this should be a starting
point. I'm not enough of a bean counter maybe to see how quickly the
AP's would become saturated with even slim use with say 30 thin clients
per room. The downside, without wireless cards being able to do PXE this
seems to be almost a no-go at this point:(
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Barry Cisna