[K12OSN] wifi wireless k12ltsp support status

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Oct 8 06:09:18 UTC 2008

Let's also add to this the fact that the TCP ACK's would create all
sorts of collisions, thus reducing the "real" throughput of wireless
(remember, it's a hub) even further for thin-client purposes.  But it's
actually worse than that, since wireless isn't CSMA/CD, but rather
CSMA/CA, like the old LocalTalk.  CSMA/CA is even slower than CSMA/CD.
So, it's even *worse* for thin-client purposes than already outlined.
And yes, that applies to the new "N" wireless, no matter how new and
"sexy" you think it is.

Please, *PLEASE* don't screw up a fine system like LTSP by trying to run
it on wireless!

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate