[K12OSN] fl_teachertool 0.62 problem

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 10:36:26 UTC 2008

My /etc/hosts file already contains a line for 127.0.0.1.  I manually added
that, I think, a while ago.

Trying "vncviewer localhost:1" yields the same result as
"teachertool-vncviewer localhost:1".

Also, using vncviewer from another computer on the network to connect to
this server fails with the same reason.

I agree that there's likely something messed up with how Xvnc is supposed to
be returning a GDM login.  But at this point I'm unsure where to look. as
everything appears like it ought to be working.  Even vncts and
/etc/services seem to be setup correctly.

David

David Whitmer - thewhitmers at gmail.com
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland (MI)