[K12OSN] Sound : my nemesis

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:06:57 UTC 2008

I am trying to get pulseaudio working on my CentOS5 (x86_64) k12ltsp
server and I am not having any success at all. I can't even find the
pulseaudio libraries for this architecture.  I also don't have esd
working correctly, I get the error about /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 (and
also the other esd libs) not being found when LD_PRELOAD is run from
the ltsp-esound.sh script even though all these libraries exist (both
32 and 64 bit versions).  Moving to FC9 (and ltsp 5) isn't an option
at the present time.  I know that others have had sound working with
x86_64 and I don't know why my install from the cd's results in a
system where it doesn't.  Can someone point me at the correct repo's
for pulseaudio as I would like to try and get it working?  If that
isn't viable, then getting esd working is would be nice. I've enabled
the k12ltsp sound hacks.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins