Re: [K12OSN] Editing GUI Menus for Clients

Jamie Lists wrote:
I'd like to be able to control the GUI menus for client machines. For
instance take out the Administration stuff, or the terminal
application.
I'm assuming i could edit an account and then copy all it's files to
/etc/skel. But it's not obvious how to even do that. Could some one
point me to a how to or some docs on that?

-My lts.conf file is:
	[default]
		LDM_DIRECTX=True
     		SOUND=Ture
     		LOCALDEV=True
     		SYSLOG=server
     		USE_LOCAL_SWAP=True
     		X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
		#X_MODE_0=1024X786
     		LDM_PASSWORD=xxxxxx
     		LDM_LIMIT_ONE_SESSION=True
	[00:1e:0b:39:a3:40]
		LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
		LDM_USERNAME=guest2039
	[00:1e:0b:39:9e:4c]
		LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
		LDM_USERNAME=guest2038
	[00:1e:0b:39:9d:19]
		LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
		LDM_USERNAME=guest2037

Anybody looking for a kiosk type of setup?  The following file may help
you out: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10KioskCleanUp

if [ `stat -c %G $HOME` == guest ]; then
     for goodbye in `ls -A $HOME/.`
	do if [ ! -e "/home/doNotDelete/$goodbye" ]; then
     	    rm -fR "$HOME/$goodbye"
	fi
     done
     chmod 700 $HOME
     cp -r /etc/skel/* $HOME
     cp -r /etc/skel/.[a-z]* $HOME
     chown -R "$USER:guest" $HOME
fi
Basically, anybody a member of guest gets their directory blown away on
login.

I use a generic account to create the screen menus and settings. Then I copy the appropiate directories (basically .gconf) to /home/doNotDelete. The /home/doNotDelete looks like:
/.gconf
/.gconfd
.bash_logout
.bashrc