[K12OSN] gdm gray/grey screen if no internet...

hello we are using 4.2 ontop of ubuntu.

And I was wondering if the isos for centos/redhat have this same problem.

If the internet is off ie pull the cable between router and the cable modem out, then turn on a thin client all you get is a grey screen.

If I plug it in the screen appears to the gdm login in seconds.

Wondering if anyone else expereinces this? Or should we go with Centos?

ltsp.org forums seems to say this is an issue they can not fix and we should go with LTSP5.

But we can not go with LTSP5