Re: [K12OSN] Cheap PXE nics?

Argon Technology offers Realtek NICs with PXE boot ROM onboard for  $15.99.

http://www.argontechnology.com/product.aspx/cid1/103/pid/159

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Barry R Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
Jamie,

I assume these golden oldies do not have onboard nics?.If they do,and
your BIOS rom is 2MB with some time invested you could add the PXE into
the systems bios. I done this many moons ago.
If no onboard nic,,the cheapest simplest way I used to do was bought
Realtek8139 nics with the rom socket on it for $4 each,,and then bought
the rom chips and a rom chip burner and pxe'd this nics this way.These
Nics would setup fine on any waaayyy old machines we had when our school
first started into K12LTSP.I tried almost every pci nic in existance at
that time. This ends up being a little bit of money though,,but at least
"You are doing it your way",,,Kinda like Elvis!..:)

Take Care,
Barry Cisna