Re: [K12OSN] gdm gray/grey screen if no internet...

2008/10/11 Alfred Nutile <alfred rivervalleytechcollective org>:
> hello we are using 4.2 ontop of ubuntu.
>
> And I was wondering if the isos for centos/redhat have this same problem.
>
> If the internet is off ie pull the cable between router and the cable modem
> out, then turn on a thin client all you get is a grey screen.

>From what you have written it seems you are using one NIC only on your
server. Is that correct?
Is your modem also acting as local dchpd controller?

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.