Re: [K12OSN] Editing GUI Menus for Clients

Rob Owens wrote:

I think if you use IceWM instead of Gnome, you can do all the menus in /etc/skel. XFCE might also put the menus in simple config files.

Gnome uses GConf. You can all sorts of things like locking settings for all users or changing defaults using GConf, but it's a bit less intuitive then some plain text files at times. We used it to change the default mail client to Thunderbird for all our users for instance. You should be able to use Sabayon to create default desktops set to your liking, but I have never been able to get that to work myself (and didn't have a real need, so I didn't spend too much time on it).

Nils Breunese.