Re: [K12OSN] Generic Accounts?

Moon wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Drouillard [mailto:gerrylist drouillard ca] Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 03:10 PM
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Generic Accounts?

Jamie Lists wrote:
We're sprinkling LTSP clients all over a school in my district. I need
to have a generic account for kids to use.
The problem is if i make one account called student for instance. They
all have the same home directory, which is bad.
The only other way i can think of is to make 50 generic accounts and
then tell the kids.. ok on this client you need to login as student38.
Doesn't seem like such a great solution.

Ideas?
Autologin based on mac address. You can even have those accounts "reset" to a clean state on login. Look at some of my previous postings on kiosk for the scripts and stuff.

Gerald, I too am interested in a more user (student) friendly login and
easy
user admin solution for our school. However, I didn't see any kiosk info
listed when I did a search for: Gerald Drouillard kiosk, could it possibly
be listed on some other website?