[K12OSN] Sound : my nemesis

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 22:30:06 UTC 2008

Barry,

I definitely get this and lsmod shows that all of the correct drivers
are loaded on the thin clients (same drivers on the thin clients that
are connected to the 64 bit server as the ones connected to my older
32 bit servers where sound (esd) works).  There is Ubuntu (I know it
is different, but ... ) bug report about the error message I am
getting concerning esd and the inability to preload libesd*.so.0  It
appears to be an issue with preload trying to load 32 bit drivers
since if I modify the script to point at the 64 bit libraries, the
errors go away, but I don't get any sound in either event.

I found the src rpm
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repoview/pulseaudio.html)
for pulseaudio, and will try and locate all the other src rpm's that
pulse requires as well as listed on their website.

I'll be at the school most of tomorrow and probably all day Monday as
well and will hopefully get one of the two working.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins