[K12OSN] Editing GUI Menus for Clients

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 10:13:09 UTC 2008

The ideal solution is to use Sabayon in conjunction with Pessulus.
There is a little more about this in the documentation along with
links to relevant sites. This gives you a visual Xnest environment in
which you can adapt your thin desktops as you want and then put
different users in groups so they get one experience or another. You
can lock down the client this way or set up exam accounts with just a
couple of menu options, or add common files and programs to the
desktops for groups of users. I have used it successfully, though
Sabayon is qutie buggy and is prone to crash. If you can work around
crashes though, it will do the job.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche,
www.nubae.com