Re: [K12OSN] Cheap PXE nics?

Vince Callaway wrote:
The advantage of using the Intel cards is that they perform better than
realtec ones.  The Intels do most of the work on the card where the
Realtecs take CPU time.

On the server, yeah, I can see that concern. But on the client, who cares? Remember, folks, that even a Pentium-133 is overkill for an LTSP thin client on which you're not running apps locally. Doesn't sound like he's doing that.

A couple of minutes on PriceWatch led me to this model of NIC. It is the Zonet ZEN3301E 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Card w/ PXE Boot ROM. Here's the link.

 http://3btech.net/zoze10gietca.html

--TP