[K12OSN] RE: K12ltsp and K12linux

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 21:56:27 UTC 2008

steve smith wrote:
> Hi folks seems we're all waiting for k12linux, however here we have
> managed to get ltsp5 working on fedora 9, and incorporated all the
> features of k12lltsp that we wanted. It does include openoffice 3 and
> java enabled firefox, flash, sound. etc. works a treat. It would be
> good to see a dedicated release for sure as we had a few problems
> with teacher tool and other minor issues which have taken time to
> rectify, but the effort has been worthwhile.  It was necessary to do
> this as some of the clients we are using had pxe bootable cards not
> recognised by 4.2, and this has been solved by using 5

Could you please share exactly what you did to make teachertool work
with LTSP5 on Fedora 9?  I want to integrate all of this as RPM packages
but my time is extremely limited.  We need more people who have already
done the work to document what they did and perhaps even work on RPM
packages for Fedora inclusion.

> So while we wait for a dedicated iso, we will keep working on adding
> things in to our current set-up

I believe you have some misguided idea in your mind about what K12Linux
is.  These things will not just magically happen.  I need the
contributions of users in order to make more pieces work out-of-the-box
automatically.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com