RE: [K12OSN] Sugar, collaboration and LTSP on Ubuntu

Thank you David for the contribution...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Van Assche [mailto:dvanassche gmail com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 12:10 PM
To: Edubuntu Users Group; Sugar Mailing List; Support list for open source
software in schools.; ltsp-discuss lists sourceforge net
Subject: [K12OSN] Sugar, collaboration and LTSP on Ubuntu

Hi there,
  with the generous help from #sugar devs I managed to get ltsp, sugar
and collaboration via ejabberd working on Ubuntu. This is really
exciting as it means walking into an existing networked lab with a
laptop, connecting it to the LAN, firing up sugar and letting all the
terminals enjoy the sugar experience with no installation necessary on
the cliens. The steps mentioned can be easily replicated on other
distros using the distro specific package manager. Here is a howto I
wrote:

http://www.nubae.com/sugar-on-ltsp-ubuntu-intrepid-ibex

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche