[K12OSN] How to change X-terminales networks

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:35:18 UTC 2008

2008/10/22 Arturo Limón <arturo at susetic.com>:
> I was thinking about doing right what Rob says: scripts using sed to change
> all the involved configuration files (quite some of them). I am not an
> expert in bash scripting, but I have some experience about it, so probably
> is the easiest solution. I'd like to do some kind of "graphic script", but I
> am completely new at that.

Hey why not create a list of files that carry the network address
scheme and then run the script on this list as input?

To my mind list would be (this will vary slightly from distro to distro)

/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd3.conf
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
/etc/exports
/etc/hosts
..
..

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.