Re: [K12OSN] Scanning WinXP for Malware from Linux

Henry Hartley wrote:
This isn't strictly speaking on topic for this list but this is the sort of thing one or more of you might know. Is there anything available that will allow me to scan a WinXP hard drive for malware under linux? That is to say, boot to linux (e.g. on USB drive), mount the NTFS drive, and scan. I have a WinXP machine that I suspect is infected. The registry became corrupted and I was able to roll back to a prior, good registry so I can boot but the system is neither stable nor usable. This seems like a good approach if the software exists.

Clamav/clamscan should work but you'll need a recent linux with ntfs access. There is also a native windows version.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com