[K12OSN] How to change X-terminales networks

Arturo Limón arturo at susetic.com
Mon Oct 27 18:16:05 UTC 2008

2008/10/27 Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com>

> Neat. Can you extend this a bit and also make MAC address of
> interfaces sticky? There are distro out there which create problems by
> assigning eth0 / eth1in changing sequence.
>
> Typically the file /etc/network/interfaces (Ubuntu) is the one that
> need to be manipulated.

I know how to manually do it in CentOS (HWADDR parameter in ifcfg-ethx
files), and probably it will be possible to include it in the script, but I
do not know how to do it in other distros, so it will not be very portable,
I fear. Anyway I will try the CentOS version if I have a while (I am quite
busy lately).

Regards,

Arturo.