Re: [K12OSN] How to change X-terminales networks

2008/10/27 Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com>
Neat. Can you extend this a bit and also make MAC address of
interfaces sticky? There are distro out there which create problems by
assigning eth0 / eth1in changing sequence.

Typically the file /etc/network/interfaces (Ubuntu) is the one that
need to be manipulated.

I know how to manually do it in CentOS (HWADDR parameter in ifcfg-ethx files), and probably it will be possible to include it in the script, but I do not know how to do it in other distros, so it will not be very portable, I fear. Anyway I will try the CentOS version if I have a while (I am quite busy lately).

Regards,

Arturo.