Re: [K12OSN] freenx issue

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Will Hatch <whatch anwsu org> wrote:
I uninstalled the nxserver from my k12ltsp server (centos), and used the add/remove programs to install freenx.  I created a new session on my Windows XP workstation and tried to connect.  I'm getting a message that says "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host 192.168.3.212".

The details say:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2960
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.3.212 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I noticed when I installed the FreeNX on my k12 box that there is some sort of proxy system for x11 called NX installed.  Could this be the issue?  How to fix?  Is there a way (GUI) to configure FreeNX on my k12 box?  Thanks!

Will,

When freenx installs it generates new ssh key files.  You need to copy that from your freenx server computer to your Windows computer, then import that key into the new session in your Windows NX Client.

The key file is called: client.id_dsa.key

I think you can find it on the server at:
/var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/

David Whitmer