Re: [K12OSN] freenx issue

The DSA key on your client and server doesn´t match.

If you are using Nomachines client do as follows:
- open the dialog where you choose where your are connecting to
- press Configure
- press Key in the new window
- in the third window you see a DSA key

that key and the key found in /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key should be the same. If you can ssh to your box with putty you can copy&paste the key to your NX client.

Kenneth

I uninstalled the nxserver from my k12ltsp server (centos), and used the add/remove programs to install freenx.  I created a new session on my Windows XP workstation and tried to connect.  I'm getting a message that says "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host 192.168.3.212".

The details say:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2960
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.3.212 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I noticed when I installed the FreeNX on my k12 box that there is some sort of proxy system for x11 called NX installed.  Could this be the issue?  How to fix?  Is there a way (GUI) to configure FreeNX on my k12 box?  Thanks!

*********************************** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies. It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or gender orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.