Re: [K12OSN] freenx issue

Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:

just a little advise for the time you get it fixed

we had alloooooot of log warnings of hackers trying to crack the machine
through port 22 so we moved it very high... beyond 62744

now all is quiet :-)

I like to set up public key authentication and then disable password authentication for SSH. Then install a brute-force blocker like DenyHosts [0] or Fail2Ban [1] and things are also quiet. And our users don't need to specify a custom port.

Nils Breunese.

[0] http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/
[1] http://www.fail2ban.org/