Re: [K12OSN] Help with php-ldap

Brian Chivers wrote:

OK altered the first script at per comments and this is ones of the result is below, it looks like it is retrieving the gidnumber etc but not sure how to alter script so it only shows cn, uidnumber & gidnumber. (bits I need for the rest of my magical script)

I've had a bit of a think about how I'm going to do this, I'm think about putting the page that staff access behind a .htaccess that is setup so only staff get through as I have this working already but I still need to retrieve the uidnumber etc from ldap so I can enter it into a database so the line below won't be needed :-)

Ik have no real world experiece with authenticating against LDAP, but I have the feeling that this can all be done a whole lot easier and without any PHP scripting. Did you have a look at Apache's mod_auth_ldap [0]? You can use LDAP groups to specify who should be able to authenticate.

Nils Breunese.

[0] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html