[K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Sep 8 21:48:57 UTC 2008

Nils Breunese wrote:
> I know it was built use in for schools, but it's just as nice to use in
> a university student organisation (where I set it up), at home or in a
> business, so I never saw the point of the K12 prefix. But seeing how K12
> doesn't really mean anything here in the Netherlands I guess I shouldn't
> make a lot of fuss about it. :o)
>
> Nils Breunese.

I am well aware that it is used in a lot more than just schools.  For
this reason, I am more in favor of the options that look more
professional.  "c" and "n" for example might look too immature to be
dependable.

Also keep in mind that this logo will be seen only on the default LDM
screen and nowhere else.  A deployment could replace the LDM theme with
their own artwork if they really don't want to see "K12Linux".

After a logo is chosen, we're doing mockups of the final LDM theme with
an attractive blue background and a tiny "Sponsored by Red Hat" under
the K12Linux.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com