[K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Sep 9 05:22:03 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 17:48, Warren Togami wrote:
> Nils Breunese wrote:
> > I know it was built use in for schools, but it's just as nice to use in
> > a university student organisation (where I set it up), at home or in a
> > business, so I never saw the point of the K12 prefix. But seeing how K12
> > doesn't really mean anything here in the Netherlands I guess I shouldn't
> > make a lot of fuss about it. :o)
> >
> > Nils Breunese.
>
> I am well aware that it is used in a lot more than just schools.  For
> this reason, I am more in favor of the options that look more
> professional.  "c" and "n" for example might look too immature to be
> dependable.
>
> Also keep in mind that this logo will be seen only on the default LDM
> screen and nowhere else.  A deployment could replace the LDM theme with
> their own artwork if they really don't want to see "K12Linux".
>
> After a logo is chosen, we're doing mockups of the final LDM theme with
> an attractive blue background and a tiny "Sponsored by Red Hat" under
> the K12Linux.

I like F's lettering with G's logo.  I also like L, as is.  It's for the
professional looking reasons.  Ken "Helios" Starks wrote something a couple
of years ago about how he converted a MS Windows-using business to K12LTSP 6
(the FC6-based one).  I don't believe he had yet learned about EL, otherwise
he presumably would've used that one (the conversion was a rush job due a BSA
rape^H^H^H^Haudit).

In addition to the few schools I've done, I once had a small business using
K12LTSP 4.2EL.  It worked great.  Unfortunately the owner of it decided that
he just *had* to have Microsoft Exchange Server and that nothing else would
do...despite the fact that I had him on IMAP/SMTP email that worked great
with Evolution.  Basically, he let himself get seduced by InfoWorld, et. al.

--TP