[K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Tue Sep 9 11:46:10 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> Nils Breunese wrote:
>> I know it was built use in for schools, but it's just as nice to use
>> in a university student organisation (where I set it up), at home or
>> in a business, so I never saw the point of the K12 prefix. But seeing
>> how K12 doesn't really mean anything here in the Netherlands I guess I
>> shouldn't make a lot of fuss about it. :o)
>>
>> Nils Breunese.
>
> I am well aware that it is used in a lot more than just schools.  For
> this reason, I am more in favor of the options that look more
> professional.  "c" and "n" for example might look too immature to be
> dependable.
>
> Also keep in mind that this logo will be seen only on the default LDM
> screen and nowhere else.  A deployment could replace the LDM theme with
> their own artwork if they really don't want to see "K12Linux".
>
> After a logo is chosen, we're doing mockups of the final LDM theme with
> an attractive blue background and a tiny "Sponsored by Red Hat" under
> the K12Linux.

I know you kind of shot down the possibility of having options for the
installation, but lets imagine for a minute that that's still a
possibility.  The default installation could include a "professional"
LDM screen and no Edu packages.  There could be a question during the
installation:  "Install Educational Packages (for schools)?" --
answering "yes" will give you the Edu packages and an LDM screen more
appropriate for schools.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.