[K12OSN] bootup slow -- nfs server not responding

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Sep 11 04:48:37 UTC 2008

Peter,

Thanks for sharing that bit of information. I always wondered why some
people had to put that option into their kernel arguments to make
clients boot.Now we know( maybe) that it is the  negotiating thing
between the nic (100MB),and the gige switch doesn't automagically happen
without this bit. I think the same holds true on some managed switches
as well? Is that the 'n-way' part of the switch innards? Don't know,
don't care I guess:)

Take Care,
Barry Cisna