[K12OSN] K12Linux Logo Ideas

R.Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Sep 12 11:31:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> wrote:

> What does K12 mean in the US anyway? I never heard of it in an
> educational context before even though I'm quite immersed in American
> culture via the internet, and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K12 is only about
> the mountain peak.
>
> It could mean Kindergarten-to-12, but why you would be too old for K12
> at 13 is beyond me :-)

What a lesson in Geography and Ethnocentrism. :-)  In the US, students
attend 12 'grades', each requiring one calendar year, before going to
a College or University.  These 12 grades come after Kindergarten,
hence the K12 moniker.  I wonder if there is a better name given that
this is a global OS?

> Reinier

--scott