[K12OSN] OT: High load averages with CentOS?

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:04:38 UTC 2008

> I am also using a dual cpu hyperthreaded Xeon (2.8Ghz old netburst
> technology). I found flash .48 to be much less of a hog. Also I could
> not continue using firefox because my cpus are just not powerful
> enough. Especially flash heavy sites.
> I switched to Opera and I can still have a full class of students
> browsing. Unfortunately, Opera is not free as in speech but it is free
> as in beer.
>
> Not sure about staroffice.

I'll downgrade flash to 48 tonight. It was what I had earlier and
upgraded to fix an issue with a state-required app after the state
patched the app. There has been another patch since then, so perhaps
48 will work. And I'll find a few teachers that are willing to try
Opera to beta test compatibility.

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins