[K12OSN] LTSP Lab Slow to Boot

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:27:22 UTC 2008

On 9/16/08, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see any sky2 in the lsmod output, but I don't know where to
> look. Here it is:

The lines of importance are

skge                   43664  0
forcedeth              52108  0

nvidia's driver forcedeth (nforce ethernet) is reverse engineered.
It's not the best.

skge I believe is the Marvell/SysKonnect gigabit ethernet driver. I
think Stephen Hemminger wrote the driver with docs provided under NDA.
Even still, I think he mentioned it was a difficult driver to
implement and others have also had problems with it.

not sure why you have both modules loaded. Maybe one wraps the other.
If you continue to have problems with these then try an Intel pci-e or
pci-x gigabit nic for eth0.

--
Robert Arkiletian