[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web access for non-terminal clients

David D. Nelson nelsda at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 00:20:28 UTC 2008

Sorry Rob. The first reply only went to you not the list. Here is another try.

Ok, I checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and it has a 1 in it. I looked at /etc/dhcpd.conf and all it has in it is:

#
# DHCP Server Configuration file.
#   see /usr/share/doc/dhcp*/dhcpd.conf.sample
#

When I added the option routers x.x.x.x line in it and I did a service dhcpd restart, dhcpd failed to start. I reverted to the original dhcpd.conf file and tried again and still got a failure on start. I see that there is a dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf file. Is this the one that is actually used? It seems like I remember older versions of K12LTSP had a line in dhcpd.conf pointing to dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Maybe my looking around with Webmin messed things up. I didn't see any error messages in /var/log/messages so I'm at a loss here. I'd rather not have to start over again.

David D. Nelson
nelsda at yahoo.com

http://www.evalbum.com/1328