[K12OSN] School Server

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 01:37:22 UTC 2008

hi

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:14 PM, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <
microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:

> Timothy Legge wrote:
>
>> I considered Opterons but for some reason I could only configure dual
>> cores on dells web site.  I will review that again...
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Have you ever considered Penguin Computing's servers?  Dell's not the only
> server maker out there, and Penguin is (obviously) very attuned to the
> Linux/FOSS community.  Their servers kick total butt, too, and at quite a
> reasonable price.

Another computer maker to consider is Zareason.  They provided us with a
good server, and the story made Slashdot here:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/11/1446254

And here is a picture of our school lab.  You can see two Zareason shuttle
boxes in the background that were funded by Microsoft (against their wishes)
and with no Microsoft tax:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/what-theyre-using-christian-einfeldt-producer-digital-tipping-point

c u