[K12OSN] OT: Backuppc config issue

David,

Try doing the same as you have posted, from a terminal as *root*
manually,see what bombs out this way. Then if your run still bombs, strip
all of the options off trailing the rsync. I'm not sure about this version
or rsync but I run into a deal were --recursive would never work. I had to
use -R instead.
Change to /usr/bin/rsync -avz /home/ and see what happens. Let us know how
your head scratching progresses.

take care,

Barry Cisna