Re: [K12OSN] Removing kpp and kopete

Moon wrote:

The GUI method:

You can use Yum Extender by selecting from the top menu bar: Applications ->
System Tools -> Yum Extender (requires the root password).

Then in the Yum Extender menu: select Packages-Installed next to the top right center of the window, and input the package name you want to uninstall in the search window just below, and then click on the magnifying glass icon
to the right.

If found, the installed package appears in the center window with a check mark next to it. Simply uncheck and click on the Process Queue button on the
bottom right and follow the prompts to remove the package.

The Command Line method:

rpm -e kppp kopete

Or 'yum remove kppp kopete' if you want dependencies taken care of. But I believe the problem is that kppp and kopete are not individual packages. They are probably part of some larger KDE package, but we don't run KDE. You could run rpm -qf on the kopete and kppp binaries to find out to what package they belong.

Nils Breunese.