[K12OSN] Setting proxy for Firefox 3 all users *ARRRGGGHHH* This old chestnut again :-)

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 11:04:12 UTC 2008

I've been trying to set the proxy for all users as a default for all users & I just can't get it to
work.

I looked at

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs

But where do I have to put this prefs.js, is it in ~/.mozilla ?? If so can I stick this in the
/etc/skel directory so it defaults over.

I've editted

/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/defaults/profile/prefs.js
/usr/lib64/firefox-3.0.1/defaults/profile/prefs.js
/usr/lib64/firefox-3.0.1/defaults/preferences/firefox.js
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/defaults/preferences/firefox.js

HELP :-)

Brian