Re: [K12OSN] Flash plugin with Firefox 64 bit

Nils Breunese wrote:
Brian Chivers wrote:

Decided from what everyone has said was to remove the 64bit Firefox but I'll jave to wait as

yum remove firefox.x86_64

times out with the following error

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: k12ltsp. Please verify its path and try again

:-/

I also noticed the repositories being unavailable. You can disable repositories using yum's --disablerepo flag so that it just skips those for that yum run, but it's probably easier to go through rpm directly:

    # rpm -e firefox.x86_64

Nils Breunese.