RE: [K12OSN] Flash plugin with Firefox 64 bit

Nils Breunese wrote:

>> Brian Chivers wrote:
>> > Hasd anyone got the flash plugin working with Firefox 64 bit ??
>>
>> It's supposed to work if you use nspluginwrapper, but Firefox kept
>> crashing on our setup, so we went back to 32-bit Firefox with
>> 32-bit Flash (there is no 64-bit Flash plugin) and 32-bit Java
>> plugin (also not available in 64-bit).

I have no idea how far into the future this is but I came across this blog posting (dated August 21) yesterday:

http://thebackbutton.com/blog/73/64-bit-linux-freebsd-flash-player-exists/
64 bit Linux / FreeBSD Flash Player exists
I just watched Tinic from the Flash Player team demo two 64bit versions of Flash Player 10 here at FlashForward. One on Unbunu Linux and the other running on FreeBSD. Tinic also showed a 32bit version of the FreeBSD player. At this point however, there if no solid plan for release.

Unfortunately, Tinic's blog doesn't make any mention of all this.  His latest post is from July, so maybe he's working too hard on a 64-bit plugin to have time to blog.  Still, it sounds like things are moving in the right direction, anyway.

--
Henry