Re: [K12OSN] Flash and nspluginwrapper

Warren Togami wrote:

Fedora 8+ and RHEL5+ use nspluginwrapper by default even on i386.

Why?

Because nspluginwrapper runs the plugins in a separate process, so plugin crashes do not take Firefox down with it.

That's not our experience. Firefox crashed randomly and nspluginwrapper + Flash seemd to be the culprit. We're not on RHEL5+ though (as it's not out yet AFAIK), just CentOS 5.2.

If you see further problems after these workarounds please file bugs instead of ripping pieces out. nspluginwrapper is default for a reason. We can't fix problems if you don't report them.

If had something reportable I would have reported it, but we didn't find anything reproducable. We only had users complaining about randomly Firefox crashing in a production environment and switchting to 32-bit fixed it.

Nils Breunese.