Re: [K12OSN] Flash and nspluginwrapper

Nils Breunese wrote:
Warren Togami wrote:

Fedora 8+ and RHEL5+ use nspluginwrapper by default even on i386.

Why?

Because nspluginwrapper runs the plugins in a separate process, so plugin crashes do not take Firefox down with it.

That's not our experience. Firefox crashed randomly and nspluginwrapper + Flash seemd to be the culprit. We're not on RHEL5+ though (as it's not out yet AFAIK), just CentOS 5.2.

You do know that CentOS 5.2 is a source rebuild clone of RHEL-5.2?

Specifically what plugin were you using during the crash?
What version of the plugin?

http://macromedia.mplug.org/
We seriously need these details. I am not aware of anything other than problem #1 here that could crash firefox due to a plugin problem when nspluginwrapper is involved.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com