[K12OSN] Force system wide manual proxy setting with Opera

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:31:51 UTC 2008

here are some more notes i wrote to myself :-)

setting system-wide user's configurations

   - ltsp.org/wiki (Firefox,Opera,OpenOffice) :
   http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/ManagingUserConfiguration
   - Opera KioskMode : http://www.opera.com/support/mastering/kiosk/
   - OpenOffice : (i copy a TemplateUser - Sandbox to all other users)
      - restrict UI functionality [
      http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide/Restricting_functionality]
      - Firefox :
   - manipulate the user.js in main profile folder. (more info:
      http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/end-user/customizing/briefprefs.html )
      - set pref for all users from a *single* firefox.cfg file (
      http://mit.edu/~firefox/www/maintainers/autoconfig.html<http://mit.edu/%7Efirefox/www/maintainers/autoconfig.html>)
         - /usr/local/firefox_2_heb/bookmarks.html
         /usr/local/firefox_2_heb/ltsp-in-schools.cfg
         /usr/local/firefox_2_heb/defaults/pref/all.js
         - KDE (kiosktool) +
   - set UI language :: $profile/share/config/kdeglobals -->
      Language=he:ar:ru:en
      - set "File Open Association" ::
      $profile/student/share/config/profilerc (copy file from one
profile to all
      others)